IT Business Analyst
Department: Tech Services
We are looking for a highly motivated IT Business Analyst to join our Information Technology team to facilitate requirements and specification gathering between external clients, internal stakeholders, and the IT Architecture and Engineering teams. This is done by ensuring effective communication between the parties and translating requirements into clear and concise specifications to guide software development. The IT Business Analyst will also work with the UI/UX Designer to assess user design and usage requirements, and with their Project Manager to ensure project tracking and delivery timelines. In general, this role provides an excellent opportunity to learn about blockchain, digital assets, and capital markets, and work on products and solutions in this space. The IT Business Analyst will report to the Head of Enterprise Architecture.
Department: Tech Services
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Working with respective internal and external stakeholders to produce detailed analyses of business requirements.
- Preparing functional and non-functional specifications and managing the creation of key user stories for new financial and technical product features.
- Participating in requirements-gathering sessions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Acting as the main point of contact to the development team in explaining and clarifying requirements and specifications, ensuring this is done in a clear and concise manner.
- Supporting the UI/UX designer on usability testing sessions with both internal and external stakeholders, while documenting and reviewing the session results.
- Assisting the QA team to define test cases and participate in UAT to verify that key product features of our software products meet documented specifications.
- Reviewing existing and new software guides to ensure our software products transition properly from development to operations.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 3+ years related work experience ideally on Financial platforms.
- Good understanding of a typical Software Development Lifecycle and experience working with development teams and UI/UX designers, end-to-end from conceptualisation to production.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, especially the ability to document and explain specifications clearly, as this is necessary to ensure success in this role.
- Experienced using tools such as Confluence, Jira, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bachelors degree is preferred.
- Experience with working in hybrid cross-country teams (outsourcing).
- Experience working on capital assets issuance and trading platforms.
- Understanding REST API, FIX protocol and/or ISO20222 messaging is a plus.
- Familiarity with the MAS Technical Risk Management guidelines is a plus.